Tamworth Golf Club
2021/2022 Competition proudly sponsored by:
Due to COVID restrictions it is now essential to book a tee time for Twilight. Failure to book may result in long wait times or even not being able to get on the course.
- A registration fee of $10 for members or $20 for non members must accompany each registration form. (The extra $10 will go towards social membership for non members)
- A Social Membership Application Form must be completed CORRECTLY for all new players & handed in at the same time as registration
- Registration fees are to be paid at the Club Office before 5.00 pm Tuesday 28th September 2021
- There is a No Pay, No Play policy
- There is a maximum of 15 players per team (mens & ladies)
- As of 1st January 2022, no changes or new players will be accepted
- The competition shall be a 9 Hole S/Ford event. All play shall be from YELLOW tees.
- As at the 25th March, the top 6 teams by cumulative points will qualify for the finals
- Finals to be played Monday 28th March to Thursday 31st March.
- The weekly $15.00 fee must be paid to the Pro Shop prior to playing
- Only cards supplied by the Starter will be accepted towards a Team’s score. Players will tee off alternate tees (1st or 10th) each week if possible
- Tuesday’s and Thursdays are still best days for Twilight so please check with Pro Shop for available times if playing on other days of the week
- Scores from the last 5 weeks of the competition will not be known to the players
- All handicaps shall be at the discretion of the Handicapper
- Players must play to their Twilight handicap supplied by the Starter
- Club handicaps are NOT to be used
- As per previous years, all rounds in the first 5 weeks will be capped at 23pts to give us sufficient time to make sure all handicaps are as accurate as possible
- Presentation Dinner
- Each player must play a minimum of 6 rounds to be eligible to attend the Presentation Dinner to be held Friday 1st April, at $10. If the 6 rounds are not played, players may still attend at a cost of $45/person. Partners are welcome to attend at a cost of $45
- RSVP + payment to the dinner is required by the due date (25th March). Under NO circumstances will any late payments be accepted
- Team captains as well as Twilighters who have supplied their email address will be sent an invitation to the Presentation Dinner 1 month prior
Frequently Asked Questions
What is Twilight?
Twilight is a social golf competition where teams of up to 15 play in a 26 week comp.
Why can there only be a maximum of 15 in a team?
The Twilight comp is run through a Twilight software system. The software only manages a maximum of 15 players per team. You can form a second team or join another team.
Do I have to always play with my team members?
Although Twilight is a team competition, it is a fun social comp that you can play with whoever you like. Your score will still go towards your teams total.
What if I don’t have a team?
If you don’t have a team we can help put you into a team that is looking for extra players.
What if I haven’t played golf before?
Twilight is the perfect environment to start playing. It is a social comp where the focus is more on having fun than your golfing ability. The pro shop do run lessons and small clinics if you would like to purchase these.
When can I play?
You can play any day of the week, if you would like to play on a day other than Tuesday & Thursday afternoons it is best to phone the Pro Shop on 6765 9980 to see what tee times are available.
Can I play more than once a week?
Absolutely. You still have to pay green fees each time you play but you can play as many times in the week as you wish.
If you do not own clubs there are some available for hire at the Pro Shop. They also have a wonderful selection of clothing and equipment to purchase.
Do I need a golf Handicap?
Twilighters will be given a handicap specifically for the Twilight competition and will be at the discretion of the Handicapper. Club handicaps are not to be used.
Ages & Grades
The competition is an open comp for all ages, genders and levels of skill to be in the same team. Under 18’s are welcome.
Registration is $10 for members and $20 for non members, the extra $10 is to cover social club membership, which entitles you to enter the clubhouse as a member and receive social membership discounts. For new members the social membership form must be completed correctly and handed in at the time of registration.
Are there green fees involved?
Yes there are green fees of $15 which are to be paid to the Pro Shop before you hit off each time you play.
Why is my email address needed?
We like to keep our Twilight players up to date with any news or promotions that we may have. We also email out the presentation night invitation. You can opt to just go on the Twilight emails, which is only for Twilight info or you can also go on the Little Birdie News email where you will also receive our weekly newsletter which lets you know all that’s happening about the club.
Do we need team shirts?
Team shirts are not compulsory but a lot of teams have opted to have wear them and it brings about a bit of team spirit.
Is there a dress code?
Twilight is more relaxed than competition golf however the dress code is neat casual and there are still a few dress rules which apply to both the course and clubhouse. No damaging soles on shoes are allowed, joggers are acceptable. You can check your shoes with the Pro Shop. Singlets for men are not permitted.
Can we have a Sponsor?
Majority of teams do have a business sponsor them. With close to 600 registered Twilight players in last years comp it is a great opportunity for businesses to get their name seen by players wearing logo shirts. Teams may enter without a sponsor.
Joining after comp starts
Players can still join once the competition has started. Teams with less than 15 players entered will be given the option of finding their own players to fill the team or the pro shop will fill the spots, but not both! Players have until 1st January to register.
Results / Team Standings
Results are now found on the Golf Genius App or in the Clubhouse.
You can download the app via the link below.
Tamworth Golf Club
For further information on the Tamworth Golf Club
and it’s facilities, visit our website.